Main Article Content
The Limau Sundai plant (Citrus Nobilis Lour) is widely known in West Sumatra. The fruit of this plant is commonly consumed as a cooking spice. This antioxidant activity test research aims to find out the potential of Lime Sundai peel as a source of antioxidant compounds. The peel of Limau Sundai fruit is ensnared with methanol solvent and concentrated using a rotary evaporator to obtain a coarse extract. The crude extract is then partitioned successively in n-hexane and ethyl acetate so that n-hexane, ethyl acetate, and methanol extracts are obtained. Sundai lime peel has good antioxidant activity against DPPH, which is shown in the ethyl fraction of acetate, methanol, and liquid methanol. The antioxidant activity of the three fractions is smaller than vitamin C and more significant than the hexane fraction. In the ethyl acetate, methanol and methanol/aqueous fractions with concentrations of 1076, 1822, and 1372 ppm in a row can reduce 50% of DPPH radical activity. The presence of strong antioxidant activity against methanol extract by phytochemical tests of the fraction detected the presence of flavonoid and phenolic compounds
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- D. R. Sultana, A. D. Shahin, and H. Md. Jawadul. (2022). Measurement of oxidative stress and total antioxidant capacity in hyperthyroid patients following treatment with carbimazole and antioxidant. Heliyon, vol. 8, no. 1, p. e08651,.
- V. Alagesan, S. Ramalingam, M. Kim, and S. Venugopal. (2019). Antioxidant activity guided isolation of a coumarin compound from Ipomoea pes-caprea (Convolvulaceae) leaves acetone extract and its biological and molecular docking studies. Eur. J. Integr. Med., vol. 32, p. 100984.
- K. Neha, M. R. Haider, A. Pathak, and M. S. Yar, “Medicinal prospects of antioxidants: A review,” Eur. J. Med. Chem., vol. 178, pp. 687–704, 2019.
- J. S. Agapin. (2020). Physico-Chemical Characterization of Essential Oil From Peel and Leaf of Dalanghita (Citrus Nobilis),” SSRN Electron. J., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 1–13.
- S. Syafri, E. Husni, N. Wafiqah, F. Ramadhan, S. Ramadani, and D. Hamidi. (2020). Evaluation of Antimicrobial and Proliferation of Fibroblast Cells Activities of Citrus Essential Oils. Open Access Maced. J. Med. Sci., vol. 10, no. A, pp. 1051–1057.
- W. Zhang, D. Liu, X. Fu, C. Xiong, and Q. Nie.(2022). Peel Essential Oil Composition and Antibacterial Activities of Citrus x sinensis L. Osbeck ‘Tarocco’ and Citrus reticulata Blanco”. Horticulturae, vol. 8, no. 9.
- H. C. Ko et al.. (2020). Changes in chemical composition and antioxidant activity of dried Citrus unshiu peel after roasting. Lwt, vol. 131, no. June, p. 109612.
- R. Nawaz, N. A. Abbasi, I. A. Hafiz, Z. Khan, M. R. Khan, and A. Khalid, (2019). Impact Of Peel Coloration on Internal Quality f Kinnow Mandarin (Citrus nobilis Lour x Citrus deliciosa Tenora) at Early Ripening Stage. World J. Biol. Biotechnol., vol. 4, no. 1.
- M. Mulia. (2017). Isolasi Kumarin Dari Kulit Buah Limau Sundai (Citrus nobilis Lour). EKSAKTA Berk. Ilm. Bid. MIPA, vol. 18, no. 02, pp. 137–145.
- C. Di Vaio, G. Graziani, A. Gaspari, G. Scaglione, S. Nocerino, and A. Ritieni. (2010). Essential oils content and antioxidant properties of peel ethanol extract in 18 lemon cultivars. Sci. Hortic. (Amsterdam)., vol. 126, no. 1, pp. 50–55.
- A. E. Hegazy and M. I. Ibrahium. (2012). Antioxidant activities of orange peel extracts. World Appl. Sci. J., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 684–688.
- J. H. Park, M. Lee, and E. Park. (2014). Antioxidant activity of orange flesh and peel extracted with various solvents. Prev. Nutr. Food Sci., vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 291–298.
- N. Aini et al. (2022). Siam orange (Citrus nobilis L.) nectar characteristics with variations in stabilizer and sucrose level. Food Res., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 315–323.
- G. S. Pereira, A. R. Honorio, B. R. Gasparetto, C. M. A. Lopes, D. C. N. d. Lima, and A. A. L. Tribst. (2019). Influence of information received by the consumer on the sensory perception of processed orange juice. J. Sens. Stud., vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 1–12.
- M. M. Hasan, P. Roy, M. Alam, M. M. Hoque, and W. Zzaman. (2022). Antimicrobial activity of peels and physicochemical properties of juice prepared from indigenous citrus fruits of Sylhet region, Bangladesh,” Heliyon, vol. 8, no. 7, p. e09948.
- A. Malik, A. Najda, A. Bains, R. Nurzyńska-Wierdak, and P. Chawla. (2021). Characterization of citrus nobilis peel methanolic extract for antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory activity,” Molecules, vol. 26, no. 14.
- H. C. Himawan, A. F. Isa, and D. S. Wiharja. (2021). Antioxidant Activity of 70% Ethanol Extract Combination of Kemangi Leaf (Ocimum Americanum Linn) and Binahong Leaf (Anredera cordifolia (Ten.) Steenis) Using DPPH,” J. Phys. Conf. Ser., vol. 1764, no. 1.
- S. Baliyan et al. (2022). Determination of Antioxidants by DPPH Radical Scavenging Activity and Quantitative Phytochemical Analysis of Ficus religios. Molecules, vol. 27, no. 4, p. 1326.
- A. S. Daulay, Ridwanto, R. A. Syahputra, and A. Nafitri. (2021). Antioxidant Activity Test of Chayote (Sechium edule (Jacq.) Swartz) Ethanol Extract using DPPH Method. J. Phys. Conf. Ser., vol. 1819, no. 1.
- N. Rai et al. (2022). Bioprospecting of fungal endophytes from Oroxylum indicum (L.) Kurz with antioxidant and cytotoxic activity. PLoS One, vol. 17, no. 3, p. e0264673.
- M. D. Hidayati, T. Ersam, K. Shimizu, and S. Fatmawati. (2017). Antioxidant activity of Syzygium polynthum extracts,” Indones. J. Chem., vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 49–53.
- E. Husni, F. Ismed, and Awaliana. (2021). Standardization extracts and simplicia of limau sundai peel (Citrus x aurantiifolia ’sundai’), determine content of nobiletin and antibacterial activity test. Pharmacogn. J., vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1323–1331.
- X. Kui et al. (2020). Comparison of physico-chemical characteristics of myrtle at different ripening stages,” Folia Hortic., vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 125–133.
- I. B. Tanjung, N. N. Azizah, A. Arsianti, A. S. Anisa, and K. A. Audah. (2022). Evaluation of the Ethyl Acetate Extract of the Roots of Avicennia marina as Potential Anticancer Drug. Proc. 6th Int. Conf. Food, Agric. Nat. Resour. (IC-FANRES 2021), vol. 16, no. Figure 1, pp. 75–81.
- G. K. Jayaprakasha, B. Girennavar, and B. S. Patil. (2008). Antioxidant capacity of pummelo and navel oranges: Extraction efficiency of solvents in sequence. LWT - Food Sci. Technol., vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 376–384.
- R. Mustarichie, D. Runadi, and D. Ramdhani. (2017). The antioxidant activity and phytochemical screening of ethanol extract, fractions of water, ethyl acetate, and n-hexane from mistletoe tea (Scurrula atropurpurea BL. dans). Asian J. Pharm. Clin. Res., vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 343–347.