Main Article Content
Dr. Soetomo Surabaya Hospital in 2019 received 167,000 cancer patients, and the highest was breast cancer. The increase in the stage of breast cancer is caused by the size of the tumor and how widely the cancer cells have spread to other organs. The purpose of this study was to apply the ordinal logistic regression method in the case of factors that support the condition of breast cancer stage in Dr. Soetomo Surabaya Hospital. The result of this study is that the factors that support the condition of breast cancer stages are grade and family history of breast cancer with a classification accuracy rate of 84.3%. Breast cancer patients at Dr. Soetomo Surabaya Hospital with grade 3 is likely to support staging conditions from locally advanced to advanced by 0.06 times compared to grade 1 patients. patients with grade 2 is likely to support staging conditions from locally advanced to advanced by 0.17 times compared to grade 1 patients. Patients who have a history of breast cancer in their family will have a risk of developing breast cancer with locally advanced stages to advanced stages 3.84 times than in patients with no family history of breast cancer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Hu, C., Hart, S. N., Gnanaolivu, R., Huang, H., Lee, K. Y., Na, J., ... & Couch, F. J. (2021). A population-based study of genes previously implicated in breast cancer. New England Journal of Medicine, 384(5), 440-451.
- Maller, O., Drain, A. P., Barrett, A. S., Borgquist, S., Ruffell, B., Zakharevich, I., ... & Weaver, V. M. (2021). Tumour-associated macrophages drive stromal cell-dependent collagen crosslinking and stiffening to promote breast cancer aggression. Nature materials, 20(4), 548-559.
- Gong, Y., Ji, P., Yang, Y. S., Xie, S., Yu, T. J., Xiao, Y., ... & Shao, Z. M. (2021). Metabolic-pathway-based subtyping of triple-negative breast cancer reveals potential therapeutic targets. Cell Metabolism, 33(1), 51-64.
- Gathani, T., Clayton, G., MacInnes, E., & Horgan, K. (2021). The COVID-19 pandemic and impact on breast cancer diagnoses: what happened in England in the first half of 2020. British Journal of Cancer, 124(4), 710-712.
- Farvid, M. S., Spence, N. D., Rosner, B. A., Willett, W. C., Eliassen, A. H., & Holmes, M. D. (2021). Post-diagnostic coffee and tea consumption and breast cancer survival. British journal of cancer, 124(11), 1873-1881.
- Noordhoek, I., Treuner, K., Putter, H., Zhang, Y., Wong, J., Kranenbarg, E. M. K., ... & Liefers, G. J. (2021). Breast cancer index predicts extended endocrine benefit to individualize selection of patients with HR+ early-stage breast cancer for 10 years of endocrine therapy. Clinical Cancer Research, 27(1), 311-319.
- McKinney, S. M., Sieniek, M., Godbole, V., Godwin, J., Antropova, N., Ashrafian, H., ... & Shetty, S. (2020). International evaluation of an AI system for breast cancer screening. Nature, 577(7788), 89-94.
- Coles, C. E., Aristei, C., Bliss, J., Boersma, L., Brunt, A. M., Chatterjee, S., ... & Rivera, S. (2020). International guidelines on radiation therapy for breast cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic. Clinical Oncology (Royal College of Radiologists (Great Britain), 32(5), 279.
- Balasubramaniam, SM (2013). Risk Factors of Female Breast Carcinoma A Case Control Study at Puducherry. Indian J Cacer, 50(1):65-70.
- Unger‐Saldaña, K., Miranda, A., Zarco‐Espinosa, G., Mainero‐Ratchelous, F., Bargalló‐Rocha, E., & Miguel Lázaro‐León, J. (2015). Health system delay and its effect on clinical stage of breast cancer: Multicenter study. Cancer, 121(13), 2198-2206.
- Ye, Y., Pei, L., Wu, C., & Liu, S. (2019). Protective effect of traditional Chinese medicine formula RP on lung microenvironment in pre-metastasis stage of breast cancer. Integrative cancer therapies, 18, 1534735419876341.
- Bobrowska-Korczak, B., Gątarek, P., Skrajnowska, D., Bielecki, W., Wyrebiak, R., Kovalczuk, T., ... & Kałużna-Czaplińska, J. (2020). Effect of zinc supplementation on the serum metabolites profile at the early stage of breast cancer in rats. Nutrients, 12(11), 3457.
- Ramanto, K. N., Agustriawan, D., Parikesit, A. A., Nurdiansyah, R., & Nasution, M. Z. (2019, June). Correlation and Meta-Analysis of HER2 in Each Stage of Breast Cancer. In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 546, No. 6, p. 062024). IOP Publishing.
- Ataman, M. G., & Sarıyer, G. (2021). Predicting waiting and treatment times in emergency departments using ordinal logistic regression models. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 46, 45-50.
- Xu, K., Zhou, M., Yang, D., Ling, Y., Liu, K., Bai, T., ... & Li, J. (2020). Application of ordinal logistic regression analysis to identify the determinants of illness severity of COVID-19 in China. Epidemiology & Infection, 148.
- Mebetu, D., Atsedeweyn, A., & Abathun, D. (2021). Ordinal logistic regression analysis of hypertension data and identifying factors that influence the incidence of hypertension in Gondar University Teaching Hospital, North-west Ethiopia. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 13(3), 176-183.
- Bennett, TM, and Purushotham, AD (2009). Understanding breast cancer related lymphoedema surgeon, Medline 2, 120–4.
- Gartner, R., Jensen, MB, Nielsen, J., Ewertz, M., Kroman, N., and Kehlet, H. (2009). Prevalence of and factors associated with persistent pain following breast cancer surgery. JAMA, 302:1985–1992
- Gavic, L., Cigic, L., Biocina Lukenda, D., Gruden, V., & Gruden Pokupec, J. S. (2014). The role of anxiety, depression, and psychological stress on the clinical status of recurrent aphthous stomatitis and oral lichen planus. Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, 43(6), 410-417.
- Lai, K., Huang, G., Su, L., & He, Y. (2017). The prevalence of thalassemia in mainland China: evidence from epidemiological surveys. Scientific reports, 7(1), 1-11.
- Vanni, G., Materazzo, M., Pellicciaro, M., Ingallinella, S., Rho, M., Santori, F., ... & Buonomo, O. C. (2020). Breast cancer and COVID-19: the effect of fear on patients' decision-making process. in vivo, 34(3 suppl), 1651-1659.
- Kabel, A. M., & Baali, F. H. (2015). Breast cancer: insights into risk factors, pathogenesis, diagnosis and management. Journal of Cancer Research and Treatment, 3(2), 28-33.
- Benzarti, M., Delbrouck, C., Neises, L., Kiweler, N., & Meiser, J. (2020). Metabolic potential of cancer cells in context of the metastatic cascade. Cells, 9(9), 2035