Main Article Content
The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of giving coleus amboinicus, L leaf’s extract, on the percentage of carcass, liver, heart and abdominal fat and the level of coleus amboinicus,L extract which is appropriate in broiler feed. This research was conducted in labor and broiler enclosures of the Payakumbuh State Agricultural Polytechnic, from January to May 2018. The material was DOC, commercial food 311, corn, bran, soybean meal, fish meal and minerals, and the equipment used was cages and equipment. The design used is RAL with 6 treatments and 4 replications. The results obtained that the addition of coleus amboinicus, L extract, L did not affect significantly (P> 0.05) on the percentage of carcass and liver, while the administration of coleus amboinicus, L leaf’s extract significantly affected (P <0.05) on the percentage of heart and abdominal fat broiler. Giving a dry of coleus amboinicus leaf’s, L, 4 g / kg ration can reduce broiler abdominal fat.
- . Greitzer. K. and Leitgeb., 1998. Evaluation of the effectiveness of antibiotic and probiotic growth promoters on the performance of tattooing bulls. Bodenkultur 49 (1): 51-69.
- Depkes. 2005. Botanical, synonym for common name and trade name of wake-up leaves. Jakarta: Ministry of Health. [Connected periodically]. http://www.iptek.apjii.or.id [April 5, 2005].
- Lawrence M, Naiyana, Damanik MRM, 2005. Modified nutraceutical composition. Australia: Freehills patent and trademark Melbourne Attorneys. [connected periodically]. http: // www, wipo, int / pctdb [December 10, 2007].
- Nurhayati, 2008. Effect of the level of use of a mixture of palm kernel and onggok cake fermented with aspergillus niger in feed on the weight and carcass parts of broiler. // http: // 101085559.pdf //. [Access Date: March 25, 2018].
- Resnawati. H. 2004. Cut weight of carcass, abdominal fat of broiler breast meat fed ration using earthworm flour (Lumbricus rubellus). Bogor Research Institute.
- Syukron, M. 2006. Meat fat and cholesterol content and percentage of organs in broiler chickens were given a finisher ration with the addition of shrimp heads. Essay. Animal Nutrition and Food Study Program. Faculty of Animal Husbandry. IPB. Bogor.
- Nuraini. 2010. Performance, percentage of carcass, abdominal fat and internal organs of broiler chickens fed with the addition of prebiotics and corn cobs. Essay. Faculty of Animal Husbandry, Bogor Agricultural University, Bogor.
- Suyanto. D., Achmanu and Muharlien. 2013. Use of basil flour (Ocimum basilicum) in feed on carcass weight, percentage of internal organs and cholesterol in meat in broilers. Article. Faculty of Animal Husbandry. Brawijaya University.
- Soeparno. 2005. Meat Science and Technology. Gadjah Mada University Press, Yogyakarta.
- Murugesan, G.S., M. Sathishkumar, & K. Swarninathan. 2005. Supplementation of waste tea fungal biomass as a dietary ingredient for broiler chicken. Biores Technol. 96: 1743-1748.
- Mc Lelland, J. 1990. A Colour atlas of avian anatomy. Wolfe publishing LTd London.
- Ressang. A A. 1998. Veterinary Special Pathology. Gajah Mada Press. Yogyakarta.
- Putnam, P.A. 1991. Handbook of animal science. Academy Press. San Diego.
- Khotimah, K. 2002. Effect of lime extract and processing methods on the quality of broiler meat. http: // digilib.si.itb.ac.id/print.php.id=jiptu mm-gdl-Res-2002-ir-5311-orang. Accessed March 5, 2012.
- Sinurat. AP, I. A. K. Bintang., M. H. Togatorop, T. Pasaribu., T. Purwadaria, J. Dharma, J. Rosida, S. Sitompul and E. Wahyu. 2002. Use of bioactive plants as feed additives in poultry. National technology seminar Animal husbandry and veterinary, Animal Husbandry Research and Development Center, Bogor.
- Blakely. J. And D. H. Bade. 1998. Animal Husbandry Science. 4th mold Gajah Mada Press; Yogyakarta.
- Maya. 2002. Effect of medium use of Ganoderma Lucidum in broiler rations on meat fat content and internal organs. Essay. Padjajaran University. Bandung.
- Franson, R. D. 1992. Animal anatomy and physiology. Edition 4. Translation. Gadjah Mada University Press. Yogyakarta.
- Waskito, W. M. 1981. Effect of various environmental factors on sugar grows broiler chickens. Dissertation. Padjadjaran University. Bandung.
- Bidura, Candrawati, and Sumardani, 2007. Effect of the use of katuk leaves (Saurupus androgynus) and garlic leaves (Allium sativum) in the ration on the appearance of broiler chickens. http: // i.g.n.g. bidura 100102007.pdf.
- Yusmaini. 2008. Effect of heat temperature and cutting age on relative weight, abdominal fat thigh fat content and blood plasma total cholesterol in broiler chickens. Thesis. Andalas University Faculty of Animal Husbandry. Padang.
- Griffiths, L., S. Leeson and J. D. Summers. 1997. Fat deposition in broiler effect of dietary energy to protein balance and early life carolic restriction productive performance and abdominal fat pad size. Poultry science 5: 638-646.
- Daud, S. 2007. Effect of cassava fish-tape silage on the percentage of carcass, abdominal fat and internal organs in broiler chickens. Essay. Faculty of Animal Husbandry. Bogor Agricultural Institute. Bogor.
- Mahfudz. 2009. Carcass and abdominal fat broiler chickens given beer dregs in rations. http: // aPNR3- (28) _Lutfi-2- seting.pdf.
- Pratama, A. Y. U. Atmomarsono, L.D. Mahfudz. 2012. Effect of the use of ginger flour (Zingiber officinale) in rations on fatty and triglyceride native chicken. Anim. Agri. J.
- Sulistyoningsih, M., M. A. Dzakiy., And A. Nurwahyuni. 2014. Optimization of herbal additive feeds on body weight, abdominal fat and blood glucose in broiler chickens. Bioma Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2. Semarang