Main Article Content
Cocoa (Theobroma cacao L) production in Indonesian has increased every year, therefore more cocoa pod husks are produced. Currently, the use of cocoa pod husks is still very limited, even most farmers only dump the pods and turn them into plantation waste which will later become new problems in the plantation environment, such as causing bad smell and spreading diseases to healthy cocoa. Even if there is use of cocoa pods, at this point it is only used for animal feed and compost. In fact, cacao pod husks contain flavonoids and phenolic compounds which have high levels of antioxidant activity which are very beneficial fot the health. Based on the results of the sample analysis test using the FTIR and XRF instrument, there are functional groups that contain antioxidants and based on the XRF test, the pods of cocoa also contain several minerals, including 60,69% potassium and 24,56 calcium. Antioxidants can prevent the activity of free radicals which are the main causes of degenerative diseases. Therefore, cacao pod husks are very useful for making herbal drinks by drying and pounding them into a homogeneous powder product.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- A. Donkoh, C. C. Atuahene, B. N. Wilson, dan D. Adomako, “Chemical composition of cocoa pod husk and its effect on growth and food efficiency in broiler chicks,” Anim. Feed Sci. Technol., 1991.
- A. Jusmiati, “Aktivitas Antioksidan Kulit Buah Kakao Masak Dan Kulit Buah Kakao Muda,” J. Sains dan Kesehat., vol. 1, no. 1, hal. 34–39, 2015.
- C. D. Hidayati, “Aktivitas antibakteri dan bioautografi ekstrak aseton kulit buah kakao (Theobroma cacao L.) Terhadap Streptococcus mutans dan Escherichia coli,” Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta, 2013.
- C. Ofantioxidant, S. At, V. Weights, O. Powdered, C. Pod, dan H. Extract, “Kapasitas Antioksidan Suplemen Pada Berbagai Berat,” vol. 5, no. 1, hal. 9–17, 2017.
- D. Adomako, “Cocoa pod husk pectin,” Phytochemistry, 1972.
- D. E. Marsiglia, K. A. Ojeda, M. C. Ramírez, dan E. Sánchez, “Pectin extraction from cocoa pod husk (Theobroma cacao L.) by hydrolysis with citric and acetic acid,” Int. J. ChemTech Res., 2016.
- D. N. Azizah, E. Kumolowati, dan F. Faramayuda, “Penetapan Kadar Flavonoid Metode Alcl3 Pada Ekstrak Metanol Kulit Buah Kakao (Theobroma cacao L.),” Kartika J. Ilm. Farm., vol. 2, no. 2, hal. 45–49, 2017.
- D. Rachmat, L. J. Mawarani, dan D. D. Risanti, “Utilization of Cacao Pod Husk (Theobroma cacao l.) as Activated Carbon and Catalyst in Biodiesel Production Process from Waste Cooking Oil,” in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2018.
- E. O. K. Oddoye, S. W. A. Rhule, K. Agyente-Badu, V. Anchirinah, dan F. O. Ansah, “Fresh cocoa pod husk as an ingredient in the diets of growing pigs,” Sci. Res. Essays, 2010.
- F. Lu et al., “Valorisation strategies for cocoa pod husk and its fractions,” Current Opinion in Green and Sustainable Chemistry. 2018.
- Fapohunda, S.O., Afolayan, A. 2012, Fermentation of Cocoa Beans and Antimicrobial Potentials of the Pod Husk Phytochemicals, Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology Advances, 2 (3), 158-164.
- H. Purnamawati, B. Utami, P. Kimia, F. Keguruan, U. S. Maret, dan J. I. S. A, “Pemanfaatan Limbah Kulit Buah Kakao ( Theobroma Cocoa L .) Sebagai Adsorben Zat Warna Rhodamin B,” vol. 5, hal. 12–18, 2014.
- I. Z. Amir, H. S. Hanida, dan A. Syafiq, “Development and physical analysis of high fiber bread incorporated with cocoa (Theobroma cacao sp.) pod husk powder,” Int. Food Res. J., 201
- L. A. Pham-Huy, H. He, dan C. Pham-Huy, “Free radicals, antioxidants in disease and health,” International Journal of Biomedical Science. 2008.
- M. Syamsiro, H. Saptoadi, B. H. Tambunan, dan N. A. Pambudi, “A preliminary study on use of cocoa pod husk as a renewable source of energy in Indonesia,” Energy Sustain. Dev., 2012.
- N. Mita, “Formulasi Krim Dari Kulit Buah Kakao (Theobroma Cacao L.) Berkhasiat Antioksidan,” J. Trop. Pharm. Chem., vol. 3, no. 1, hal. 12–21, 2015.
- Partayasa, I N., Kadir, S., Rahim, A. 2017. Kapasitas Antioksidan Suplemen Pada Berbagai Berat Bubuk Pod Husk Kakao. E-J. Agrotekbis. 5 (1) : 9-17.
- R. Rusli dan U. Mulawarman, “Aktivitas Antioksidan Kulit Buah Kakao Masak dan Kulit Buah Kako Muda,” no. March 2015, 2016.